Kinesiology is the scientific study of human movement, performance and function. By applying the science of biomechanics, anatomy, physiology, psychology, and neuroscience, kinesiology can help individuals of all ages and physical abilities:
- Treat and prevent injury and disease
- Achieve health and wellness goals
- Improve movement and performance
- Improve quality of life
Exercise and physical activity are essential components of health management and optimization. Engaging in regular physical activity is associated with numerous physical and mental health benefits including decreased risk of CVD, stroke, type 2 diabetes, some forms of cancers, and all-cause mortality. Other benefits include lowered blood pressure, improved weight management, and prevention and improvement in depressive and anxiety disorder symptoms.
Kinesiology programs offered at The Right Move Physiotherapy & Health Management include:
- Medical Exercise Plans
- Injury Prevention and Rehab
- Weight Management
- Mental Health
- Standardized Fitness Examination
- VO2max, resting and dynamic blood pressure, resting and dynamic heart rate, and body composition assessment
- Muscle flexibility, strength, and endurance
- Sport Specific Development
- Strengthening, agility, speed, and balance.